CALL TO ARTIST
The Art Exchange is excited to announce that the 2017 Holiday Salon is now open for submissions!
We are looking for outstanding art from artists living or working in the city of Long Beach and surrounding communities. We are would like to showcase a wide variety of art in all styles and mediums, from painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking, photography and more.
Artwork will be juried by an ARTX committee,which will include guest curator, Ronald Nelson, Executive Director of Long Beach Museum of Art.
Artwork will gain exposure during gallery hours, at the members’ only pre-sale event, and during holiday events held in the gallery. We look forward to your participation showcasing fine art produced and made available to patrons in Long Beach!
This jury selected exhibition is FREE to apply
Exhibition dates: November 11 – December 31st 2017
We invite you to submit your artwork (2 pieces max) within the following parameters and guidelines:
- Artwork is open to 2 & 3 dimensional forms.
- Size limit:
- 2 dimensional: 24X24 inches, weight-limit 5 lbs.
- 3 dimensional: 12hx15wx15d inches, weight-limit 15lbs.
- All art submitted must be gallery-ready (i.e. framed, ready to hang/install).
- All sale proceeds processed by ARTX on behalf of the artist. ARTX recommends a 30% donation to ARTX by the artist. Balance will be paid to artist after show ends on Dec. 31.
To Submit Work:
- Complete a submission form 2017 Holiday Salon Submission Form
- Email Submission form and a high resolution JPEG image to HolidaySalon@artexchangelb.org.
DEADLINE for artwork submissions via email October 09, 2017.
Artist selected to participate in the show will be notified via email on October 13th.
Selected Artwork Drop-off Dates:
- Saturday, October 14th 1-7pm
- Sunday, October 15th 12-4pm
- Thursday, October 19th 2-6pm
- Friday, October 20th 4-8pm Please note this is final day for drop-offs!
Buyers can pick up purchased art work beginning the week of December 18th during regular gallery hours.
- Artwork will remain displayed through January 3rd. Unsold artwork can be picked up Jan 6th and 7th, 2018 during gallery hours.